FOUNDATIONAL READING SKILLS TOOLKIT LEVEL 3
PHONICS AND WORD STUDY
(Formerly Titled Dyslexia Toolkit – Level 3)
The Foundational Reading Skills Toolkit Level 3 has everything an educator, parent or tutor needs to provide instruction and practice with phonics and word study skills. Skills are introduced in a logical sequence, building upon previously learned skills. The Foundational Reading Skills Toolkit Level 3 is appropriate for students who can read and spell words with closed syllables (short vowels with digraphs and consonant blends).
Included in the Foundational Reading Skills Toolkit – Level 3:
- Instructor’s Manual with over 20 lesson plans covering phonics and word study skills. Skills include:
- Open Syllables
- Y as a Vowel (When the letter <y> makes the long /i/ sound)
- Vowel-Consonant-e (“Silent e” Words)
- a_e, i_e, o_e, u_e
- <se> and <ze>
- <ge> and <dge>
- Vowel Teams (When two vowels make one long vowel sound)
- Long a: <ai>, <ay>
- Long o: <oa>, <ow>, <oe>
- Long e: <ea>, <ee>
- Long i: <igh>, <ie>
- Other sounds of <ea>
- Dropping the Silent e (Adding vowel suffixes to VCe words)
- -er and -est
- -less and -ful
- -ly and -ness
- This toolkit also introduces students to homophones
- 114 page Student Workbook reinforces each lesson plan.
- Note: Toolkit includes one Level 3 Student Workbook and is a key component of the lesson plans. If using with a group or a whole class, each student should have their own workbook. Additional workbooks are sold separately.
- Advanced phonogram flash cards
- Letter and sound magnets with a storage tin and a foldable, magnetic dry erase board
- 5 card decks to practice fluency at the word, phrase, and sentence level
- 7 “Roll & Read” dice with a red velvet pouch for easy storage
- Full-color game boards to use with the dice set
- Phonic display boards to use with phonics lessons
THE FOUNDATIONAL READING SKILLS TOOLKIT……
- IS GREAT FOR HOME & SCHOOL – Learning can happen anywhere. We designed our toolkit for both school and home settings.
- CAN BE USED IN A VARIETY OF SETTINGS – The toolkit can be used one-on-one, during small group instruction, or with an entire class.
- INCLUDES FUN & ENGAGING MATERIALS – Students love learning when the materials are engaging. Our fully colored display boards, games and bags are made of durable and long-lasting materials.
- CAN BE USED BY CHILDREN OF ALL AGES – The Foundational Reading Skills Toolkit Level 3 is for students in grades K-5.
- HAS EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS – There are no special requirements or training needed to be able to use these tools for teaching. Each kit contains an instructor’s manual with all the information you will need.
- IS A FANTASTIC VALUE – Did we mention that our toolkit is a fraction of the price of other curriculum?
Q&A ABOUT THE FOUNDATIONAL READING SKILLS TOOLKIT LEVEL 3
Q: What is the difference between Foundational Reading Skills Toolkits Level 1, 2, and 3?
Q: Do I need an educational background to teach this toolkit?
Absolutely not! We know that parents, instructional assistants, and volunteers do A LOT of teaching–both in schools and at home. We wrote the manual so anyone can help a child learn to read.
Q: What setting is the Foundational Reading Skills Toolkit intended for?
The Foundational Reading Skills Toolkit can easily be used at both school and at home.
Q: Can I use this toolkit for students who have dyslexia?
YES! The foundational skills required to become a skilled reader are the same for all children. However, children who display warning signs of dyslexia require more intensive instruction in Phonological Awareness and Phonics (reading words & spelling words).
Q: Can a child use the toolkit on their own?
While each of the lessons need to be taught explicitly, there are multiple opportunities for independent practice, including: fluency card decks, games, and workbook pages.
Q: Can the toolkit be used by more than one parent/teacher?
The toolkit is designed to be used by one teacher or parent at a time. Unfortunately, sharing materials often leads to lost materials.
Q: What grade/age group is the Foundational Reading Skills Toolkit (Level 3) for?
The Foundational Reading Skills Toolkit (Level 3) is designed for elementary students, either as a supplement to core reading instruction (K-1st), or as intervention (2nd and above).
Q: Why does the toolkit cost $299?
In order to make learning engaging and fun, high quality materials are a must. Every game board and display card that your student sees is printed in vibrant colors, and on heavy duty card stock so that it is long lasting. Although we could have cut costs by printing in black and white, or on lighter weight paper, we feel that students deserve the best materials. Also, we will mention once again, that our toolkit is a fraction of the cost of other curriculum.
Q: What if I don’t like the Toolkit?
We have an old-fashioned, 30 day money back guarantee! (Please see our returns policy for full details).
Do you have more questions? If you still have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com, and we will make sure to get back to you as quickly as possible.
Help your child become a CONFIDENT and CAPABLE learner!
Add the Foundational Reading Skills Toolkit Level 3 to your cart TODAY!
*Free Shipping is available only in the continental United States. For customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and throughout the rest of the world, please use the calculated shipping rate found at checkout.