The Student Workbook Level 2: Phonics and Word Study
This workbook provides practice with phonics and word study skills. Skills are introduced in a logical sequence, building upon previously learned skills. This workbook is appropriate for students who have learned all the letters and sounds of the alphabet.
In this 114 page workbook, students will practice reading and spelling words with closed syllables. This includes:
- Consonant-Vowel-Consonant Words (3 letter words with short vowels)
- Digraphs with Short Vowels
- Beginning Consonant Blends with Short Vowels
- Ending Consonant Blends with Short Vowels
- Words with Double Consonants (<ff>, <ll>, <ss>, <zz>)
- The /k/ sound at the beginning of words (when to use the letter <c> and when to use the letter <k>)
- The /k/ sound at the end of the words (when to use the letters <ck> and when to use the letter <k>)
- The /ch/ sound at the end of words (when to use -tch and when to use -ch)
- Triple Blends and Digraph Blends
- -ng and -nk words
- Glued Sounds: old, ost, olt, ind, ild, all
- This workbook also introduces students to suffixes: Suffixes included are:
- Doubling Rule
Order your workbooks today!
Please Note: The Student Workbook – Level 2 Phonics and Word Study is a key component of the lesson plans found in Toolkit #2, but also works great when purchased on its own. If using with a group or a whole class, it is recommended that each student have their own workbook. One Student Workbook is included inside every Toolkit #2 purchase.