More Than Just Speed
Date: October 15th, 2020
Time: 3:00pm-6:00pm (PST)
Cancellation Policy: Due to limited seating, as well as the live and interactive nature of these trainings, requests for refunds must be submitted seven (7) days prior to training.
- Understand the role of fluency in word recognition, oral reading, silent reading, comprehension and motivation to read.
- Understand reading fluency as a stage of normal reading development; as the primary symptom of some reading disorders; and as a consequence of practice and instruction.
- Match students with appropriate texts as informed by fluency rate.
- Know which instructional techniques are most likely to improve fluency outcomes.
- Design activities to build fluency at the sub-word and word levels.
- Identify student interests and needs to motivate independent reading.
- Understand appropriate use of assistive technology for students with serious limitations in reading fluency.
Who is this training intended for?
Any educator who wants to deepen their understanding of the reading brain and acquire knowledge and tools to teach reading (regardless of what curriculum you use).
While I invite all educators to attend, I want to be clear that the content is most applicable for those who teach students in Pre-K through 3rd grade. Why? Because it’s during those years the building blocks (foundational skills) of reading are taught (ideally). Do we have students in 5th, 8th and 11th grade reading at a 2nd-grade level? Of course! Will you acquire knowledge and tools to support older struggling students? YES! Still have questions? Give us a call.
Where is this workshop taking place?
This workshop is online. Despite being online, this will be a LIVE and INTERACTIVE training.
What if I can’t attend on this date or time?
This is a live training and is currently only available during the given time. If you are unable to make it to this training, please check back for additional dates.
Are all materials included?
All materials are included. A PDF with the PowerPoint presentations and supplemental resources/activities will be e-mailed to you prior to the start of the workshop.
Can I attend even if I live outside of Oregon?
Absolutely! Please do!
What if my school district wants to pay by P.O.?
We welcome school districts to pay by purchase order. Please email email@example.com to register.
What if I want to register more than one person?
Please include the names and email addresses of all attendees in the “Notes” section of your order.
What do I do if I have additional questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us! We’re happy to answer any questions you have! We can be reached at 503.747.3491