Is it Dyslexia?
Date: October 27th, 2020
Time: 3:00-6:00pm (PST – Portland, OR)
Cancellation Policy: Due to limited seating, as well as the live and interactive nature of these trainings, requests for refunds must be submitted seven (7) days prior to training.
- Understand the differences among screening, diagnostic, outcome, and progress-monitoring assessments.
- Understand basic principles of test construction, including reliability, validity, and norm referencing, and know the most well validated screening tests designed to identify students at risk for reading difficulties.
- Understand the principles of progress monitoring and the use of graphs to indicate progress.
- Know the range of skills typically assessed by diagnostic surveys of phonological skills, decoding skills, oral reading skills, spelling, and writing.
- Recognize the content and purposes of the most common diagnostic tests used by psychologists and educational evaluators.
- Understand the role of fluency in word recognition, oral reading, silent reading, comprehension of written discourse, and motivation to read.
- Identify students’ levels of spelling development and orthographic knowledge.
- Interpret measures of reading comprehension and written expression in relation to an individual child’s component profile.
Who is this training intended for?
Any educator who wants to learn how to administer informal, diagnostic assessments to determine if dyslexia is the root cause of a student’s difficulty with accurate and fluent word recognition.
Where is this workshop taking place?
This workshop is online. Despite being online, this will be a LIVE and INTERACTIVE training.
What if I can’t attend on this date or time?
This is a live training and is currently only available during the given time. If you are unable to make it to this training, please check back for additional dates.
Are all materials included?
All materials are included. A PDF with the PowerPoint presentations and supplemental resources/activities will be e-mailed to you prior to the start of the workshop.
Can I attend even if I live outside of Oregon?
Absolutely! Please do!
What if my school district wants to pay by P.O.?
We welcome school districts to pay by purchase order. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
What if I want to register more than one person?
Please include the names and email addresses of all attendees in the “Notes” section of your order.
What do I do if I have additional questions?
Please do not hesitate to contact us! We’re happy to answer any questions you have! We can be reached at 503.747.3491